This site will allow you to create an account to submit your entry to the MomoCon 2019 Indie Award Showcase. In order to submit your game, payment of $50 USD will be required. You will have the option to edit your submission all the way until final judging. Final entry will be February 15th, with the 20 finalists selected and notified by March 15th.
Prior to the convention, 20 finalists will be selected from the pool of submissions. The 20 finalists will be provided with complimentary space in the MomoCon 2019 Indie Game Exhibits Area, and will then be reviewed by a group of journalists and an indie game developer, including:
- Rami Ismail, founder, Vlambeer
- Mike Fahey, senior reporter, Kotaku
- Chris Carter, co-editor in chief, Destructoid
- Austin Wood, Freelance Writer
Five winning entries will be chosen from the 20 finalists and announced in an awards ceremony on Saturday, May 25th. Developers of the winners will receive:
- $1,000 Prize
- 10 x 20 Exhibit Space at MomoCon 2020
- Dedicated Panel at MomoCon 2020
- Highlighted placement in a MomoCon newsletter going to tens of thousands of gamers
- Glass Trophy
Basic eligibility rules including:
- Games published by major studios (EA, Activitision, Ubisoft, etc) are not eligible to enter.
- VR games will not be able to be judged at this time.
- Games that were winners at MomoCon 2015,2016, or 2017 Indie Award Showcase are not eligible, but finalists that did not win are welcome to enter again.
- Games must be in a playable state, and our judges must be provided access to judge them through access keys, downloadable links, or URLs where the game can be played.
- Updates will not be accepted after February 15th. Finalists will be notified by March 15th 2019.
If you would like to register for booth space in advance, you can do so here. We are providing a special price for indie game exhibitors of $600 for a 10 x 10 with power and wireless internet included. Normal vendor prices are $800 - $900 for a 10 x 10, and normal exhibitor prices are $1000 for 10 x 10 with no power and internet. If you become a finalist, we will refund the payment as part of the prizing. The judges are unaware of who is exhibiting, and is not a factor in making a decision of the 20 finalist games.